Join our mission to elevate the human experience around the world
Design Engineer (Remote)
Design engineers create art on the web.
- Design and build entire experiences.
- Concept and prototype UX components and motion studies.
- Work closely with our product team to implement new designs.
- Maintain and extend our design systems.
- Build high-performance web pages.
- Design attractive graphics, images, and all visual elements for online and offline applications.
- Design and implement cutting-edge, light, and effective website layouts.
- Develop effective navigation tools online.
- Define and design placement of different design elements on the website and ensure that aesthetic and continuity are maintained in the entire website.
- Ensure designs are fully optimized for devices, browsers, and SEO.
- Collaborate with the rest of the technology team to ensure seamless implementation of all design elements.
- Uphold FeelitLIVE’s high standards for design and product quality.
- 4+ years of relevant web front-end development or creative technology experience at a tech-forward, product-driven company.
- Advanced knowledge of modern HTML and CSS.
- A zeal for the web as a storytelling medium, demonstrable through a portfolio of design work and frontend code showcasing design systems, engaging microsites, Figma plugins, webgl experiments, CSS art, Dreamweaver, Corel Draw, Adobe Photoshop, Adobe Illustrator, Adobe After Effects, Canvas, Canva.
- A good understanding of the formal elements of design, not just limited to the web and including typography, layout, balance, and proportion.
- Experience designing and building public-facing websites that work elegantly across devices and browsers.
- Experience working with MVC frameworks like React, Angular.js.
- Understanding of user-centered design, progressive enhancement and graceful degradation, accessibility, SEO, responsive design, and website performance.
- Effectively manage multiple tasks of varying complexities.
- Knowledge of website structure and functionality.
- Strong design style, including creative design solutions within the constraints of the Internet.
- Keep pushing your work until every detail is covered.
- Are skilled in explaining your work, process, and decisions to cross-functional stakeholders and crave feedback to help you produce your best work.
- Are an expert in either UI, UX, or visual design.
- Think in systems and are able to extrapolate and extend shared patterns and behaviors.
- Strong conceptual skills, including online software concepts and online experience concepts.
- Mastery of recognizing Arial versus Helvetica.
- Good communication skills and a positive attitude.
- Entrepreneurial mindset, want to grow a business, and love working in a fast-paced environment.
- Ability to work under pressure and deliver on short timelines.
- Strong troubleshooting, analytical, and problem-solving skills.
- Strong work ethic.
- Strong interpersonal skills.
You should include these in your application:
- A resume or LinkedIn profile.
- A one-minute introduction video about yourself, highlighting what you think is important. (file should not be larger than 50MB).
- Rate yourself on a scale of 1 to 10, where 1 is a beginner and 10 is an expert, on each of the requirements above. Where you rate yourself higher than 5, please mention the cumulative months of experience in that requirement.