Join our mission to elevate the human experience around the world
Software Engineer, Full Stack (Remote)
Full stack engineers use their combinatory powers to bring systems together to build amazing experiences.
- Develop high-quality performance-optimized web applications.
- Own product development and execution end to end, managing complexity and engaging directly with stakeholders to think through everything from success metrics, to the ergonomics of individual API’s.
- Work with a team of technically sophisticated engineers who make user experience their first priority.
- Contribute modular, well-tested code to create delightful user interfaces and resilient systems.
- Ensure code quality and performance diagnosing and bugs fixing, test features as you build them leveraging unit and automated testing.
- Collaborate with product and use data to continuously improve our product performance and reliability and bring gorgeous, innovative UIs to life.
- Handle release management of features and bug fixes.
- Use both qualitative and quantitative metrics to determine priorities and measure effectiveness.
- Manage servers without guidance, when needed.
- Build out powerful video components and coach others on how to use them.
- Contribute to the team’s growth through code reviews.
- Participate in hiring and mentoring.
- Uphold FeelitLIVE’s high standards for engineering and product quality.
We’re looking for someone with:
- 5+ years of experience in full-stack product development, with a track record of top performance and shipping high-quality products.
- The ability to understand complex technical requirements and craft solutions across multiple products.
- Experience in and with building applications using .NET Core, ASP.NET, and C# and familiar with design patterns.
- Experience with both consuming and designing RESTful APIs using .Net Core, API management, and deployment.
- Proficiency in relational Database designs (SQL Server, MySQL, Oracle).
- Experience with preprocessors and other code packaging tools, like Webpack, Babel, SASS, NPM, Node, Gulp, etc.
- Knowledge of AWS, Jenkins, GitHub.
- Knowledge of search engine optimization (SEO).
- The ability to troubleshoot issues affecting production, stage, and development environments.
- Hands-on experience on development tools like Visual Studio Code, Visual Studio, SQL Server, etc.
- Working knowledge of video technologies and technology components.
- Proven ability to author clean, standards-compliant code.
- The ability to quickly diagnose and solve code problems (StackOverflow is your friend).
- Full understanding of the many facets of designing for the modern web, including responsive design and progressive enhancement/graceful degradation.
- Who enjoys building positive user experiences by always improving both the code and the UIs it generates.
- Who holds themselves and others to a high bar when working with production systems
- Experience building reusable components that make it easier for engineers to build consistent and high-quality user experiences across FeelitLIVE.
- Building and improving the libraries and frameworks that power our front-end stack.
- Identifying and working on initiatives that could improve performance for the entire platform.
- Competent at testing and ensuring the code is cross-browser, cross-platform compatible.
- Comfortable using data to support and validate your concepts.
- Robust understanding of how Internet and Web technologies work.
- Good communication skills and a positive attitude.
- Result-oriented and dedicated.
- Entrepreneurial mindset, want to grow a business, and love working in a fast-paced environment.
- Ability to work under pressure and deliver on short timelines.
- Strong troubleshooting, analytical, and problem-solving skills.
- Strong work ethic.
You should include these in your application:
- A resume or LinkedIn profile.
- A one-minute introduction video about yourself, highlighting what you think is important. (file should not be larger than 50MB).
- Rate yourself on a scale of 1 to 10, where 1 is a beginner and 10 is an expert, on each of the requirements above. Where you rate yourself higher than 5, please mention the cumulative months of experience in that requirement.